Open to: Elementary School (ES), Middle School(MS), High School(HS), Big Kids(BK); 4 divisions
Rules & Scoring: Line Following Challenge 2017 Rules & Scoring
Materials/Requirements: (Track, Tower, Robot)
- The tracks:
- Elementary School division – No intersections, ~1.27 cm black line on white PAPER
- Middle School division – One intersection, ~1.27 cm black line on white PAPER
- High School + Big Kid division – Two intersections, ~0.76 cm black line on white PAPER
- The tower:
- All divisions use the same ~20 cm tall x ~10 cm wide x ~36 cm long tower with an open back for allowing balls to roll out during delivery
- The robot:
- Any autonomous robot platforms are allowed provide total value does not exceed the $1500 USD
- The robot has 3 minutes to complete their task.
- The entire robot + payload system must be a volume of 65,030 cubic cm or LESS.
*Track examples: Approximate size of vinyl tracks are ~76 cm x ~152 cm. Tracks pictured below are 2014 RoboRAVE International competition (the line path design changes each year).
Elementary School, No T intersection, 1.26 cm wide line
Middle School, 1 T intersection, 1.26 cm wide line
High School / Big Kids, 2 T intersections, 0.76 cm wide line